China Travel Service (U.S.A.), Inc. - Tour Protection Plus Benefits
Occasionally, unforeseen circumstances arise which may cause you to either cancel or interrupt your "dream vacation." We recommend the purchase of travel insurance to protect your travel investment, as well as to cover unexpected expenses related to accidents or illnesses which might occur during your trip. Plus, kids are free.*
Your insurance premium will be refunded if you cancel your insurance within 10 days of purchase and have not filed a claim or departed on your trip.
Waiver for Pre-Existing Conditions
A pre-existing condition is defined as any injury that occurs before and including the effective date of insurance or any illness that occurs within 120 days before and including the effective date of insurance for which the insured has seen a doctor for treatment or diagnosis or for which symptoms exist that would cause a prudent person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment.
The Pre-Existing Conditions exclusion will be waived when the following provisions are satisfied:
- You must insure the full, non-refundable portion of your trip cost within 14 days of initial trip deposit.
- You must be medically able to travel at the time of your insurance purchase.
- You have not filed a claim for trip cancellation due to a pre-existing condition within the last 120 days from the effective date of insurance.
- Your trip cost is $20,000 or less per covered person.
- You must be a resident of the United States.
* Children 17 years of age or under on date the insurance is purchased are also covered in full when traveling with their parents or grandparents – at NO extra cost.
Trip Cost Protection
- Trip Cancellation Up to 100% of Trip Cost
Reimburses your prepaid, non-refundable expenses if you must cancel your trip due to a covered reason. Maximum coverage: $50,000.
- Trip Interruption Up to 150% of Trip Cost
Reimburses for the unused, non-refundable portion of your trip and for the increased transporta¬tion costs it takes for you to return home due to a covered reason. Maximum coverage: $75,000.
- Missed Connection $500
Covers expenses resulting from a covered delay that causes you to miss your scheduled flight or cruise.
- Travel Delay $500
Receive up to $150 per day per person to cover additional accommodation and travel expenses or prepaid expenses due to a departure delay of six or more hours.
- Emergency Medical and Dental $25,000
This coverage provides benefits for losses due to medical and dental emergencies that occur during your trip. This coverage is secondary.
- Emergency Medical Transportation $500,000
Provides medically necessary transportation to the nearest appropriate facility. Also covers the cost of your transportation back home.
- Baggage Loss/Damage $1,000
Covers loss, damage or theft of baggage and personal effects.
- Baggage Delay $300
Covers the reasonable additional purchase of essential items if your baggage is delayed or misdirected by a
common carrier for 24 hours or more. Receipts for emergency purchases are required.